Technical Services Engineer
Job Description: Technical Services ENGINEER
Technical services is a role that requires a versatile, technically strong, customer and business focused leader. This role requires an individual who thrives in a fast paced environment working with both technical and operational aspects of manufacturing. This role requires strong communication, ability to develop relationships, with a track record in product commercialization.
- Act as a liaison between Vitrum, industry trade and technical associations worldwide.
- Provide key leadership in these associations to benefit activities within the industry.
- Manage internal advanced product and process development.
- Maintain knowledge for various domestic regulations, legal guidelines, approvals, ISO and ASTM standards, policy and audit leadership, manufacturing and production conformity, risk management, compliance, training and development reviews.
- Implement production programs in manufacturing facilities by collaborating cross functionally to influence the adoption of common standards.
- Ensure continuous improvement of manufacturing quality using consistent manufacturing processes and decreasing defects.
- Continuous involvement and participation in numerous industry memberships as well as a variety of industry and trade organizations.
- Responsible for multiple new product developments, qualifications and product launching.
- Responsible for developing and delivering various plant training modules.
- Dedicated to providing leadership and in house training for influential industrial organizations and committees.
- Manage product quality and reliability programs prior to and during high volume manufacturing plant start-up.
- Develop test procedures to evaluate current or new products to ensure long term performance.
- Assist in production trials to evaluate new products available from suppliers.
- Develop working relationships with our suppliers to stay informed of new materials and technologies.
- Assist in solving manufacturing concerns including designing and conducting experiments to provide data and solutions to these concerns.
- Must evaluate field failures and develop solutions to prevent future occurrences.
- Organize technical meeting for a corporate wide event.
- Point of contact for design and technical
- Writing and approving corporate specifications.
- Collaborating with outside companies to develop new products.
- Serve as a technical resource for other business units within Vitrum Industries.
- Serve as the Vitrum representative to the Glass Association of North America (GANA)
- Responsible for industry relations and active in the glass, glazing and daylight
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering or related field of study
- 3-5 years’ experience in technical services role
- Must have strong understanding of coated, tempered, and insulating glass products and processes.
Active member of GANA, ASTM, ISO, and IGMA