Maintenance Technician – Millwright
Reporting to – Technical Manager
The Senior Journeyman Millwright is responsible for maintaining the equipment in the plant. He/she performs preventative maintenance tasks as assigned and does the work requested on work orders. Personnel also work on productivity, quality, and safety projects as they are identified and prioritized.
- Responsible for engaging in manufacturing support activities connected with the setup, installation and maintenance of production and related equipment.
- Perform routine and preventative maintenance, such as cleaning, lubricating, adjusting or rebuilding hydraulics, pumps, pneumatic valves and seals.
- Follow a Preventative Maintenance schedule.
- Inspect, examine and troubleshoot equipment to find and investigate problems or breakdowns and to ensure that safety and quality standards are met.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Have prior experience rebuilding diaphragm and centrifugal pumps
- Be a proficient trouble shooter of mechanical system
- Be comfortable performing maintenance calls independently or as part of a team
- Want to build their career with an exciting and dynamic team around them
- Have experience troubleshooting and diagnosing low-voltage electrical systems
- Enjoy working in a high paced dynamic environment
- Be flexible and willing to work a rotating work schedule
- Possess a BC or Inter provincial journeyman designation as a Millwright or have equivalent practical experience
- Experience within a manufacturing environment
- Ability to recommend corrective action and implement required repairs
- Basic welding skills: MIG, TIG, ARC, and Gas Welding will be considered an asset
- Forklift and rigging experience an asset